Terms and Conditions
1. Cars selected for hire: Vehicles are booked by group not specific model and are subject to availability. Our company reserves the right to upgrade your vehicle without prior notice, if the model/group requested becomes unavailable for reasons unforeseen. The rate will remain the same as quoted. Please be aware that car hire requests less than 4 consecutive days have chances to be declined.
2. Capacity: The number of people and luggage shown is a guide only. Most of our vehicles can seat 5-7 people comfortably but this may not be same in the case of child seats are needed. Luggage capacity depends on the size, shape, material made and number of people occupying the vehicle. If you are in any doubt we can advise you which vehicle is the most suitable for you in order to avoid any disappointment.
Consider renting a bigger vehicle as it is more comfortable and safer for passengers, and best to carry your personal belongings (luggage). However we do consider your personal preferences. To insure they are met early bookings are recommended.
3. Excess baggage transfer: This extra service is provided for convenience reasons only as it provides assistance for any excess baggage with a prearranged amount of money. We can offer transfer for your excess baggage to your chosen destination without hassle or stress. Whether you’re travelling with golf clubs, baby prams, wheel chairs, mobility scooters or just excess luggage it’s no problem for us and is hassle free for you.
4. Occupied northern part of Cyprus: You are not allowed to take the rental vehicle to the occupied northern part of Cyprus. Our insurance company does not provide any insurance cover for the rented vehicle and third party claims for the occupied northern part of Cyprus.
5. Fuel Policy: All rental vehicles from our company are delivered with a half tank of fuel approximately. We accept our customers to return back the vehicle with the same fuel. If not then customers will be charged accordingly the missing fuel amount.
6. Extra Accessories: We are able to supply child seats upon request with our vehicles. Be aware that child safety seats are mandatory in Cyprus. There are three types available such as: baby, booster and infant seats. Please note that we carry standard type of child safety seats. Each seat costs €3 per day to hire, up to a maximum charge of €90 per rental. If needed, it must be requested at the time of booking. Be aware that due to insurance rules and regulations you will be required to fit the child seat yourself.
We are also able to supply satellite navigation system upon request with our cars. Each navigation system costs €5 euro per day to hire up to a maximum charge of €150 per rental. The extra accessories cost is not included in the car rental cost and must be paid on top of the rental.
7. Payment: All rental charges are payable on booking day or delivery in € currency in cash or on card. We accept all major credit and debit cards. The following credit or debit cards are accepted: master/ euro card, visa.
A rental contract showing a detailed breakdown of all charges will be given at the delivery of the car.
8. Driver/Renters Responsibility: The driver/renter is responsible
• To inspect the vehicle before the rental period begins for any existing damage
• To take in mind all traffic regulations and comply with the country law
• For any traffic fines or recovery costs that may be occur when the rented vehicle is in his/her possession
• For taking appropriate measures to secure and safeguard the rented vehicle until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
• To keep the rented vehicle interior as clean as possible (Professional deep cleaning cost €300)
• To contact the police, our insurance company and our company immediately in the event of an accident
• To change the tyre in case of a puncture. All rental vehicles are equipped with spare tyre and necessary tools (scissor jack and spanner)
• To read thoroughly the rental agreement given on delivery before signing. The customer enters into the agreement voluntarily with full knowledge of its effects and with his/she’s signature agrees with the charges set and accepts fully responsibility for the rental vehicle and its equipment until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
9. Driving conditions: All drivers, main or additional, regardless of age, are obliged to hold a full valid driving license for at least 3 years. Maximum driver’s age is 70 years old, although drivers over this age may still be eligible to hire a car depending on their state of health.
Drivers between 20-24 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €5 per day.
Drivers between 70-99 years are required to pay an extra insurance premium of €5 per day.
Extra drivers may obtain the right to drive the vehicle at an extra charge of €3 per day.
10. Rental vehicle delivery: Our Company provides vehicles without damage, however where unforeseen circumstances prevent this and a vehicle is rented out with existing damage, this damage will be recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement before the rental period begins.
If the driver/renter notices any damage to the rental vehicle not recorded on the condition diagram upon delivery he or she must report the damage to our staff immediately in order to confirm and record this before the rental period begins. Our company will not rent out vehicles with damage which in any way can be unsafe to drive or unfit for its purpose.
11. Rental vehicle return: The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as it was delivered on the starting date of the rental agreement. We require that the renter returns the vehicle in a clean condition (normal wear and tear excepted). If the vehicle is exceptionally dirty upon return or if there is damage to the seats, seat upholstery or the carpets an additional charge for deep cleaning will apply. This charge will be dependent upon the actual state of the vehicle when returned.
If the vehicle is returned out of hours the customer will still be the responsible for the vehicle until a member of staff has checked in the vehicle. Any damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement is considered new damage and the driver/renter will be held liable. Most vehicle damage can be determined by a visual check over the body, tools and accessories of the vehicle.
12. Vehicle condition diagram: The diagram indicates the condition of the vehicle at the starting date of the rental agreement. Any existing damage to the rental vehicle is recorded on the diagram before the rental period begins. Damages are recorded in a coding system using letters. An explanation to this coding is given on the rental agreement.
The diagram provided on the rental agreement is as a true representation of the vehicle condition at the beginning of the rental and the driver/renter verifies, accepts and confirms this with his/her signature before the rental period begins. No adding or deleting can be made to the vehicle condition diagram after rental agreement signing is completed.
The driver/renter has the right to refuse to sign the rental agreement if the vehicle condition diagram is not fully completed. The driver/renter has the right to refuse to conclude the rental agreement if the rental car is considered to be unsafe to drive.
The customer enters into the agreement voluntarily with full knowledge of its effects and with his/she’s signature agrees with the charges set and accepts fully responsibility for the rental vehicle and its equipment until the completion of the rental period as given on the rental agreement.
13. Rental agreement termination/refuse to conclude: The rental company has the right to refuse to conclude or terminate the rental agreement and take immediate possession of the rental vehicle
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged as being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substances
• If the driver/renter drives the rented vehicle on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose
• If the driver/renter disagrees with the rental agreement terms and condition applied to every rental and every customer
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged using the rented vehicle irresponsibly or for any illegal purpose
• If the driver/renter intentionally causes damage to the rented vehicle and third party
• If the driver/renter is acknowledged to be unfit to drive the rented vehicle and can pose a threat to the public, to himself/herself or to third party
14. In the case of an accident with another vehicle:
In the case of an accident with another vehicle in the public road, even if, is the authorized driver of the rented vehicle error which resulted to an accident, the renter is fully covered by our insurance scheme with zero excess liability as long as the correct procedure as written below is followed.
Vehicles involved must never be removed from the place of accident until the accident report is completed either by the police or by the auto insurance company representative attended.
Our insurance policy states that you are required to report the accident, regardless of the amount of damage. Any accidents where the damage to the vehicles is significant or not, must be always reported to the police and to the auto insurance company right away and provide brief information where the incident took place. Contact details will be given in print on the rental agreement.
Any accident where there is damage to property, third party or if someone is injured will require a police report. Even if the police report is completed for the car accident, you must also notify the insurance company.
The police are not responsible to report the accident to the insurance company so is very important that you should report this. Injury claims especially have a way of escalating very quickly, even when they appeared minor at the scene.
The full insurance included is to protect you from the financial burden of an accident and third party claims, but failure to follow the reporting guidelines and comply with the requirements under the country’s law may mean that full insurance protection won’t be there for you.
If you do not report the accident to the police and to the auto insurance company immediately and comply with the requirements under the country's law, the insurance will become invalid and the renter can be held liable for the market value of the vehicle and third party claims.
15. Excess liability: This is applied only if the driver/renter does not comply with the rental agreement terms and conditions.
• Without a written police or insurance accident report (in case of an accident with another vehicle) which is proof of the damage occurred to the rented vehicle no insurance cover is provided and the driver/renter becomes responsible with an excess liability up to €700.
• If the rented vehicle is damaged in a non-public road or damaged by driver’s negligence the driver/renter becomes responsible with an excess liability up to €500.
• For damages occurred to the rented vehicle while driven on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road the driver/renter is responsible with an excess liability up to €500.
• Any damage or theft to rented vehicle must be reported immediately to our company and our staff will need to inspect the vehicle before is moved. Fail to do this the insurance will become invalid and the driver/renter will be held responsible with an excess liability up to €500
• In the case that the rented vehicle is returned with damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram as given on the rental agreement, the driver/renter will be held responsible with an excess liability up to €500.
Credit or debit card must be presented as a guarantee on delivery. No money will be blocked unless the hirer damages the vehicle and it’s his/her fault. In such case the proper amount will be blocked from his/her credit card in order to cover the vehicle’s damages.
Any damage not recorded on the vehicle condition diagram given on the rental agreement is considered new damage and the driver/renter will be held liable. Most vehicle damage can be determined by a visual check over the body, tools and accessories of the vehicle.
16. Independent car rental insurance: The rental company will not try to scare customers into purchasing any extra insurance on delivery as we do not believe in hidden charges.
17. Insurance Limitations: No insurance cover is provided
• If the vehicle is driven into the occupied Northern area of the island
• If the vehicle is driven under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substances
• If the vehicle is driven on unpaved road/no tarmac/trail/off road which can be unfit for its purpose
• If intentionally trying to damage the vehicle
• If failed to take in mind traffic regulations
• Loss or damage to the vehicle key. In this case the customer will be charged for the replacement key which is approximately €250 plus any associated transport costs. Vehicle keys are chip coded and are expensive to replace.
• Unauthorized driving (drivers not stated on the rental agreement)
18. Extra Damage Waiver: The daily rental price shown includes third-party insurance as required by Cyprus law. This provides cover against repair costs relating to our vehicle in an event of an accident. This cover does not include damage to the tyres, windscreen or the oil-sump, for which the hirer remains responsible for. Drivers may increase their insurance cover by Extra Damage Waiver (EDW) at a cost of €6 per day, which increases the cover to include tyres, windscreen and oil-sump.
Carjack Ltd is a newly established company but it is consider as one of the most reliable companies in the car hire sector in Cyprus with a variety of vehicles in different range and models. We respect your consumer rights and we are committed to provide quality cars and service for the best value of your money. We do not believe in hidden charges, so you can always be assured to receive the best car rental experience through our high quality vehicles and high standard of services.
We offer services that other car hire company in Cyprus just can't offer as we include in the price given on booking a range of car hire insurances, which are designed to meet our customer's needs.
All hire cars from our fleet are inspected thoroughly by our professional staff before delivered to insure customer safety and satisfaction.
We invite you to try our services in order to experience the best!